The Kingsway School recognises that certain groups in society have historically been disadvantaged on account of unlawful discrimination they have faced on the basis of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The Kingsway School has established the following equality objectives:
- To monitor changes to the curriculum to ensure they result in good outcomes for pupils in all vulnerable groups, and to review the curriculum in light of new performance measures.
- To offer appropriate qualifications in English for pupils in all vulnerable groups.
- To implement effective strategies to support pupils in all vulnerable groups following linear exam courses.
- To improve the quality of support for pupils in all vulnerable groups in the classroom.
- To continue to explore the use of new technologies to support pupils in all vulnerable groups in accessing their learning. With special investigation taking place regarding the use of technology in modern foreign languages, internal exams and group work.
You can view the school’s equality policy below.