Happy new year to all our families. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas break.
The week before Christmas was a wonderful few days.
We had our Christmas Concert at St Mary’s Church, Cheadle on Monday 18th December. WELL DONE! It was a festive feast of Kingsway's musical talent, prepared and served with all the trimmings and glitter of a special occasion.
The students and staff performed excellently, from individual highlights such as Kirsten Attfield, duets by Ellie and Scarlett and the larger ensembles, Strings, Percussion and Brass, who all ‘raised the roof’. It was great to see new ensembles showcasing their quickly developing talents: flute ensemble, Saxophone group, school Band and Year 10 GCSE class. The staff Choir were, as always, a particular highlight of the event.
At the end of the week the entire school came together for our Whole School Assembly; a special event, where we are lucky to have the space to accommodate 1500 students and 100 staff. The assembly focussed on the 3Cs of Conduct, Charity and Christmas!
Stacey Copeland, who has represented her country in football and boxing, came and spoke to our students about her journey into professional sport and how she used her motto of ‘THINK, FEEL, DO’ to overcome challenges and achieve her goal of becoming a successful professional female boxer. This is something that we encourage our students to do… to take control of their thoughts, actions and behaviours in order to be a more successful Kingsway Learner.
Our House Captains, stood in front of their peers and talked about the charities they will be raising money for over the coming year:
- Gaskell: House Captains Tyler Whittaker-Clarke & Nicole Harper will be leading their house to raise money for Manchester Children’s Hospital.
- Lowry: Jessica Crawley & Ethan Wilson will be leading their house to raise money for mental health charity, MIND.
- Pankhurst: Judy Al-Jedai & Meji Idowu will be leading their house to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
- Rylands: Scarlet Aubert & Anabel Taylor will be leading their house to raise money for Children’s Cancer Research charity, KIDSCAN.
- Turing: Alfie Bousfield & Isha Anwar will be leading their house to raise money for the Pip Foundation, a charity close to the heart of The Kingsway School.
- Whitworth: Grace O’Shaughnessy & George Lawton will be leading their house to raise money for Anorexia & Bulimia Care.
We ended our assembly with a Christmas sing-a-long. You honestly had to be there… it was an amazing end to the term!